Church consultant Chuck Gaines recently posted an article in which he shares 10 observations on growing churches.
Characteristics of growing churches include:
1. Positive spirit of excitement.
2. Spirit of expectation.
3. Celebrative worship service.
4. Opportunities to build meaningful relationships through small groups
5. Focus on giving away the faith through lifestyle evangelism
6. No sentence ever begins with “I”
7. “What can I do?” and “What can I give?” are expressed not only with meaning but with action.
8. Missions involvement
9. Pastor/staff who lead and congregations who follow
10. Church is a safe place to come to God – Grace rules!
The full article on the Lifeway website includes a brief explanation of each point which may help to clarify what he means by a couple of these. To read it click here.